Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Divs Side by Side

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Please take a look at this.
    http://constitutionrestoration.com/

See the sign up button, its all the way at the bottom of the page. I have attempted several things, clearing the divs the content and button are in, also attempted clearing the div after those also. Tried giving a percent width on both divs. Tried displaying block, inline. Nothing seems to solve it, I know its just a combination of these things I just have not found the right combo. Please if anyone at all could give me some advise. I am in need of assistance, I thought I understood the way floats worked but I guess I still don’t get it.

"Robskiwarrior" wrote:
    Did you fix it? coz it works in webkit browsers I think…

No I didn’t. I am using Firefox, Chrome, and IE but doesn’t look right for me?

Is there any way someone could please take a look at the code in firebug? For some reason its not catching my div ids? I really don’t understand what I have done wrong. Thank you.

Ok, thank you so much for looking, I’m just a little concerned because when I look at the code in Firebug, its not picking up the styles for the div. So just that we are clear here. When you guys look at the page you see the yellow box with a signup button and some text to the left of it, all on the same line? Here is a screen shot of what I am seeing.[attachment=0]screenshot_help_001.jpg[/attachment]

Yes, thanks again for looking. That is exactly what I was meaning, I do have it defined, but its not picking it up? That is what I believe to be the real issue. Here is what I have defined as of now. I added your float left to both now, but still didn’t work.

Something I have done somewhere is making it not pick these styles up. The only thing I can think is a typo? Not really sure.

Code:
    #feature {
    width: 650px;
    margin: auto;
    padding-bottom: 25px;
    padding-top: 25px;
    }

#signup_block {
    -moz-background-clip:border;
    -moz-background-inline-policy:continuous;
    -moz-background-origin:padding;
    background:#FFFFE0 none repeat scroll 0 0;
    border:1px solid #E6DB55;
    color:#333333;
    font-weight:700;
    padding:10px;
    overflow: auto;
    }

#subright{
    width:200px;
    min-height:500px; /* for modern browsers */
    height:auto !important; /* for modern browsers */
    height:500px; /* for IE5.x and IE6 */
    float:left;
    }

#subleft {
    width:540px;
    min-height:500px; for modern browsers */
    height:auto !important; /* for modern browsers */
    height:500px; /* for IE5.x and IE6 */
    margin-top:10px;
    float:left;
    }

.btn {
    float: left;
    clear: both;
    background: url(images/btn_left.png) no-repeat;
    padding: 0 0 0 10px;
    margin: 5px 0;
    }
    .btn a{
    height: 40px;
    background: url(images/btn_stretch.png) repeat-x left top;
    line-height: 40px;
    padding: 0 10px;
    color: #fff;
    font-size: 1em;
    text-decoration: none;
    }
    .btn span {
    background: url(images/btn_right.png) no-repeat;
    width: 10px;
    height: 40px;
    }

.btn_signup{
    background-color: #0033ff;
    }

Wow, I feel like a real idiot right now. I see what I did, do you? Now I just have to get the button to stop sliding underneath when I resize the browser.

I am very sorry if I wasted your time, but I do thank you for helping me. Please, keep helping everyone, I really like coming to this forum, there are a lot of answers just by searching.

Oh, yes I did. This forum is a great place. Thanks to people who helped me out on this issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.