Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End [Solved] Displaying Scheduled Posts with the Loop?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I got roped into building a Movable Type site for my mother-in-law’s writing group a couple years ago. I’m now in the process of moving them to WP. It’s a multi-author blog, each week there is a featured category and one post is published each day. The editor of the blog needs to be able to look at the upcoming week’s page with all entries displayed.

I’d prefer a no-touch solution (so that she doesn’t have to adjust the publication dates or toggle password protection for each entry).

I am php fluent but don’t have much experience writing WP plugins. I’m not hesitant to write a plugin for this purpose, but the more specific you’re able to be, the more I can take the ball and run with it and look things up on my own and not ask knuckleheaded follow-up questions :D

Thanks to anyone who is willing to take the time to help. I am immensely appreciative in advance!!

As usual, posting in a public forum causes me to find the solution in the next 20 minutes.

found this (http://www.wprecipes.com/how-to-list-scheduled-posts):
    $my_query = new WP_Query(‘post_status=future&order=DESC&showposts=5’);

combining that with if current_user_can() should get me exactly what I need.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.