Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] CSS3 Transitions bug in Chrome for Mac

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    GreyFox135
    Participant

Hey everyone,
    Here’s something I’m finding frustrating. I’m using css3 transitions like I have in the past, but this time I am getting an error in Chrome for Mac. The default color for a link loads before the color specified in the CSS then transitions into it.

Anyone want to take a crack at it? Check here to see what I mean.

I’m hoping that I’ve been looking at this too long and it’s something I’ve overlooked.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Nice work on the reduced test case. But I think you are going crazy =). I have the exact same build of Chrome and I’m not seeing it. Maybe try a total browser cache flush?

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Erp, spoke to soon, I was able to randomly get it to do it once. But it wasn’t on refresh it was opening that link a second time, and NOT on refresh.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I think it might be a matter of Chrome being so blazingly awesome fast that it’s literally rendering the page before the line of CSS where it sets the color of the link is set. I really have no idea though, I think that’s worth logging as a bug.

GreyFox135
    Participant

haha Yea, I think so. After further play I found that the if you have the anchor link set to display: block, the bug doesn’t happen. Also if you place the transition property in a separate stylesheet.

Weird right?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.