Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Battling with Positioning

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    CJSweatt

I have been battling with a positioning problem that I can’t seem to solve on my own.

I’m still learning about the UL navigation, and don’t quite understand how to position them exactly where I want them. It seems like there are two objects fighting with one another. I’m trying to position the search box on the right-hand side (it’s almost there, but now the “go” button will not position beside it)… THEN, I’m trying to get the “Calendar, A to Z index, People Directory, and Home” links to position horizontally in the thicker black bar in the header. I simply cannot figure out how to do this. I have been pulling my hair over this for two days now. Any suggestions on this? I have tried different div’s, positioning, etc… Now, I am just about to give up on this.

Anyone?

This is what I have so far:

And this is the CSS. I have tried so many things, I don’t even know what I had originally.

Code:
    /** BEGIN HEADER LOGO, UL HEADER NAV and SEARCH BOX **/

#header{
    height:90px;}

#header_control{
    float:right;
    width: 400px;
    height: 90px;}

ul.rollover li{
    text-align: left;
    list-style: none;
    margin: 0 0 0 0;
    font-size: 14px;}

ul.rollover a{
    display: block;
    color: #fff;
    text-decoration: none;
    padding: 1px 10px 3px 0px;
    margin: 0 0 0 0;}

ul.rollover a:hover{
    color: #8C1850;
    text-decoration: none;}

#search_box{
    float:right;
    margin: 10px 15px 0 0;}

#header_nav{
    float:left;}

/** END UL HEADER NAV and SEARCH BOX **/

CJSweatt

Hey, thanks! Yeah, I finally figured out the navigation. Thanks very much for the help! Really appreciate it!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.