Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS So, what exactly to do about text-shadow for MSIE?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    travelvice

Howdy – I’m slogging through far too many opinions on support for IE and text-shadow.

I’ve got this little fellow in the stylesheet: text-shadow: 1px 1px 0 #F2F2F2;
    Is there a practical method to get this in IE as well?

Cheers,

travelvice

Howdy Eric – I’ve seen, but box-shadow ≠ text-shadow, and it’s only for IE6-8
    :(

TT_Mark

Websites don’t have to look the same in every browser, however I have found JavaScript fixes for both rounded corners and box shadows so I would guess you can find one for text shadow

DogsGhost

If it wasn’t a lot of text I used to have a fallback image that would only load for IE, but then I joined Mark’s view point that browser rendering doesn’t have to look identical and decided IE users not seeing text shadow wasn’t the end of the world in most cases.

travelvice

Oh, I totally agree. And that’s why up until now I’ve left it be. But as I’m polishing up the final stylesheet, I had left myself a comment in there to see if there was a solution for IE with filters or the such.

TheLeggett

Would offsetting the same text as a separate color behind the original text work? Not sure if there’s anyway to blur that text without the glow/dropshadow IE filters… which don’t function quite as nicely as the “text-shadow” property (http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/textshadow.html).

travelvice

I’m actually wondering if it’ll be jQuery to the rescue again: http://www.hintzmann.dk/testcenter/js/jquery/textshadow/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.