Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Snowfall will not show on main page

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JaG
    Participant

I am trying to put the snowfall on my site
    http://www.spectruminternetradio.co.uk
    As you will see the Autumn leaves falling are either side of the main page and not across it.
    I am only an amateur at building sites so any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Shikkediel
    Participant

It would be a matter of changing the z-index but it looks like that is inside the script. I’d consider leaving it as it is though, you won’t be able to access the content on IE10- otherwise because the animation will be on top of everything. Plus it’s an extra heavy strain on any machine since it just crashed my browser.

:-/

JaG
    Participant

Thanks for that. It seems to look OK as it is. Snow obviously won’t show because being white, and the background white as well.

Shikkediel
    Participant

To be honest, I hadn’t even gotten to the snow before said crashing. I was fiddling with dev tools and the leafs up to that point. My post was directed at that. Could you show the code that takes care of the snow? Going through the page to look for it is a bit tedious.

I recently adapted some code that creates a CSS only snowfall. That shouldn’t have much of an impact on the resource drain. You could put it inside the header for example, there’s nothing in there that would be blocked anyway.

Earlier thread with demo

Or in the background when it’s a different colour…

JaG
    Participant

To be honest I tried several, then deleted them when they did not work. Can you send me the one you have adapted in CSS.

Shikkediel
    Participant

You could take the code from the demo, from #snow on, and paste it into your CSS. Then just add the element itself into the HTML, making sure the parent has position: relative so the animation will adapt it’s size to it in case you want to for example only put it inside the header. You wouldn’t even have to upload the images because they’re with a hosting service. Let me know when something’s not clear.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.