Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Smartphones displaying site like it was months old.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    matt_sanford
    Participant

I have a client site called http://foursquaresummiteast.org and it looks good on a desktop and tablet, however when I look at it on a phone, or ipod touch, it looks horrible and is not adapting any changes i have made over the last few months (responsive, backgrounds, fonts, etc.) help?

matt_sanford
    Participant

I have narrowed it down to the problem being that the “www” prefix is taking the users to an older site.

matt_sanford
    Participant

Here is what it is supposed to look like. http://d.pr/i/94k1

Watson90

I get the website you just posted above on my Nexus.

twincy
    Participant

on my iphone4/safari everything is centered. videos and textboxes have 100% width.
    small stuff could be shuffled around a bit.
    maybe float the bigger ones right?

the cat just flipped by the sudden music, btw…
    autoplay-video: off;

;)

twincy
    Participant

hmm… i’d rewrite this totally :(

djdaniel150

Renders perfectly on my Galaxy SII. Although the links are really difficult to read on those black backgrounds, even when zooming in. You won’t be able to size any website for every mobile device, not possible, unless you feel like making 10,000 media queries, one for every mobile device on the face of the earth. Anyway, Samsung’s seem to support it just fine.

begetolo
    Participant

@djdaniel150 Huh? Media queries are based on screensizes, not one hardware. I mostly do just about 2-4 mediaqueries for a website, depending on type of site.

matt_sanford
    Participant

@twincy All of this is per the client’s request. All but the code is from them. Including autoplay.

ukando

yeah the background is really ‘heavy’!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.