Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Smartest way to solve this problem?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Daydreamer
    Participant

Hello guys, I’m studying to become a multimedia-designer and I have been lurking around this site for awhile now, trying to understand and learn from everyone. I’m kinda new to coding but I feel like I’m getting better and better by the minute.

Now, I have to make a site and I have gotten really inspired of how THIS SITE is using the menu system. If I had to throw myself into doing something like that, how would you go about it?

Is it even possible with pure css?
    Anything I should be aware of?

Best regards! :)

Daydreamer
    Participant

Thanks for your answer Ed :)
    I know it is made in flash, we are told by our teachers that we should not bother with flash at all. I have made a site with a video as background before in html5 css3, and even though I have made many different menus already, I just don’t have a clue on how to get started creating those ‘box-menus’ which when you click on, float to some other place.
    Well, basically I know how to style (opacity, size, color etc.) but how to animate them is beyond me.
    That must be javascript(?), but I’m not able to find any tutorial on how I should get started.

Daydreamer
    Participant

Many thanks Ed!!

Science bless you :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.