Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Small, simple captcha

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brightonmike

Can anyone recommend a math captcha for me? I just want a simple box where people have to type in the answer to “5+1”.

I don’t have any room on the form for a reCatpcha, it’s just way too big so I figured a simple math one would be better.

Ideas, suggestions?

Brightonmike

I’ve seen that but considering it took me a good while to realise it said “6+0” I’m not convinced it’d be a great solution.

Having said that I didn’t see the older version, which seems to do what I want, providing its secure enough.

I’m not expecting or looking to stop spam altogether, I don’t think that’s possible. Just….stem the flow a little.

Edit, the download link doesn’t work, the old version is not in their repository.

Brightonmike

I’ve decided to ditch the idea of a captcha – and go with a honeypot instead. Was really easy to implement.

standuncan

How did you implement the honeypot? I’ve tried using them before, and they didn’t work that well. I tried both methods of using the actual type=hidden field, and then a field that is hidden via CSS as well, with random names so bots are not suppose to detect the field as easily. I could never get it to stop any spam.

Brightonmike

They’re not 100% foolproof but they should stop most spam.

ic3d

Working with words would be a little safer. Just ask an open question at random from a database. There is no way a spambot can pick up the answer, unless your questions are too obvious.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.