Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Slight overflow problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    nickwinters
    Participant

Hello,

I recently created a new site using Twitter Bootstrap: http://pixeltopress.com

I just now noticed that I’m getting a little overflow to the right when I shrink my browser down to phone width. It’s only about 10px, but still noticeable.

I’ve tried adding html {overflow-x: hidden;} but that doesn’t seem to solve the issue. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I’m using Google Chrome.

nickwinters
    Participant

Ah, I’m on to something. It has to do with my pseudo elements having 100% width. Need to figure out how to have full width, but not force overflow.

Paulie_D

Dunno if this the answer but I would look into changing the padding on .showcase to margin instead in your media query(ies).

You may have to add padding back on an internal element (.container?)

nickwinters
    Participant

@ChrisP already tried overflow-x: hidden for both html, and body. Doesn’t seem to work for me.

The issue is with my pseudo elements .bottom::before and .bottom::after. They both have 100% widths and I think that’s what’s causing it. Because as soon as I disable the two elements I no longer have an overflow problem. Strange.

nickwinters
    Participant

@ChrisP Hmmm, Yeah I added html {overflow-x: hidden;} body{overflow-x: hidden;}

However, it’s still showing me overflow in Chrome: http://cl.ly/image/0x1g0w3L2C3l

I’ve even cleared cache and cookies and restarted my browser. Works fine in all the other browsers. Maybe it’s a chrome thing?

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

Same here. Even if I manually remove overflow: hidden from both body and html, I don’t have any horizontal scrollbar.

nickwinters
    Participant

Hmm, well thanks guys. I’ll just take your word for it. Maybe I need to update something on my browser? Who knows.

nickwinters
    Participant

After looking at this more in depth. It’s actually the following that’s causing the issue:

media=”screen”
    custom.css:48@media (max-width: 767px)
    .bottom, .maincontent, .single-page, .pagecontent, .showcase {
    padding-right: 15px;
    padding-left: 15px;

As soon as I remove this padding, the overflow disappears. Going to have to figure out a workaround.

Edit: Pardon, it’s a combination between the pseudo elements and the padding at media width. So strange.

nickwinters
    Participant

@JoshBlackwood Sure enough! That did the trick; man I love this forum. Thanks for all the help guys. Really appreciate it.

JasonR
    Participant

Glad to see this is solved but wanted to add that I really like the overall design. Very nice!

nickwinters
    Participant

@JasonR, Thank you good sir!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.