Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Slides not sliding, just stacking.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    dj_hiking

I have used Anything Slider on other websites and it worked fine. However I am adding it to an existing site I did not build. There are a bunch of plugins already installed. The slides are just stacking on the page instead of sliding. I tried deactivating all plugins and I also tried this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3800039/need-help-resolving-a-javascript-conflict-using-jquery-anything-slider
    and this: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-anythingslider-for-wordpress-nothing-but-trouble-so-far
    But they still stack. The site is: http://playgolfarizona.com/.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

dj_hiking

Thank you for your response. However, I took out one, then the other, then both. It still is stacking the slides. Any other ideas? Sorry I really don’t know much about JQuery.

Mottie

I think because you also have Scriptaculous, you’ll need to add the following immediately after jQuery is loaded:

dj_hiking

I added it right after the first script but Dreamweaver showed a PHP Scripting error if I so I added it like below and now I have the 2 of each slides loading on top of each other. I am not sure what scriptaculous even does so should I just remove it?

dj_hiking

Mottie

I can’t tell what it does either, but since we added the noConflict, this code needs to change… change the “$” into “jQuery” to fix that one error.

$(document).ready(function() {
    $('#featured .scroll').quovolver(1, 10000);
    });

change to:

jQuery(document).ready(function() {
    jQuery('#featured .scroll').quovolver(1, 10000);
    });

So now it looks like AnythingSlider should be running, but it could just be the above error preventing further down code from running, so we’ll just need to see if the above change fixes everything or what the next step needs to be.

dj_hiking

Slides are back to stacking. I turned off all plugins and uninstalled/reinstalled Anything Slider and same thing. Below is the Javascript

Mottie

The noConflict code still needs to be the next line after the jquery script. As it is now, the quovolver script won’t exist when it’s run because it is loaded before the noConflict.

dj_hiking

I was able to eliminate the PHP Syntax error by dropping the closing script tag. Slider is still stacking. I really appreciate all your help.

Mottie

That closing script tag needs to be there, now I’m getting another error: “Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <"

dj_hiking

Since this is just a test site. If you know what script is conflicting. I will just strip it out. I am just trying to update the site until the client has me do a complete rebuild. Thank you.

Mottie

Ok I got it working… I commented out this line… I’m not sure what this plugin does, but it’s causing an error.

//jQuery('#featured .scroll').quovolver(1, 10000);

Then I noticed that the AnythingSlider.css file was missing, so I added it and then I had to set the slider dimensions to 600×400 because it’s set to 570×190 for some reason

#slider-210 { width: 600px; height: 400px; }

The default stylesheet I used really messed up the slider because of the external arrows – it was shifted to the right, but it was working. So, I’m just guessing you already have an AnythingSlider theme ready, it just that the link to it isn’t there.

dj_hiking

Still not working for me. Here is the code. I probably missed something. Slides are duplicated and stacking.

dj_hiking

ok. I forgot that I uninstalled and reinstalled anything slider. so all the settings were back to default. I set them to what I wanted and the slides are now rotating, but well below the window. probably need to work on css style now. thanks for all your help. have a great weekend.

dj_hiking

getting closer. however the slides load down the page. instead of the same window.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.