Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Slider with higher z-index does not allow header dropdown menus to show above slider

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    chris_s

I am having an issue with z-index that I’m not understanding. I currently have a slider, that is supposed sit on top of the bottom of my header container. The only way for me to sit the slider on top of the header container is to use a higher z-index. However, I can’t seem to get my dropdown menus to then show on top of the slider, which obviously makes them useless. I understand since the nav’s parent container is a lower z-index, it won’t allow them to show, but I know there has to be a solution for this. I have tried giving the nav elements a higher z-index, but am not coming up with a solution that works.

Edit: It should have been working properly due to heirarchy of the HTML tags, but I had a rogue z-index on the nav container I didn’t see which was messing the flow up. Moderators can delete this useless thread.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.