Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Slider images won’t fade with .png

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    joepk
    Participant

Hey guys,

Got a little issue with this [awesome responsive slider](http://tympanus.net/codrops/2011/11/21/elastic-image-slideshow-with-thumbnail-preview “Slider”) The problem is that the images wont fade out when .png are used. There must be a little fix that .png images also fade out right?

Here on my [portfolio](http://www.joepklunhaar.nl/ “portfolio”) you can see the slider in action with the png’s. As you see the images slide you wont get that gentle fade out moment :(

I’m not quite the coder so I was hoping I’d get some help from you helpfull fellas ;)

Thanks!

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

I’m pretty sure it has nothing to do with PNG. Have you tried using JPG to affirm this statement?

Edit: okay, it has to do with PNG transparency. The problem is that the previous image only disappears when the current image opacity is set to 1.

When using opaque images, it’s not a problem since the current image is on top of the previous one.
    When using transparent PNG however, we still can see the image below. I guess you will have to edit the code of the plugin in order to make this work.

joepk
    Participant

Yes but im not capable of adjusting the code haha. I was hoping someone else could do a quickfix!

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

I’m not comfortable enough with jQuery to fix it without risking breaking the whole thing, sorry.

CrocoDillon
    Participant

Try this (seemed to work for me for your slideshow, but not for the original source, so no guarantees :P )

Change line 305 in jquery.eislideshow.js from:

`$currentSlide.css( ‘z-index’ , 1 ).find(‘div.ei-title > *’).stop().fadeOut( this.options.speed / 2, function() {`

to

`$currentSlide.css( ‘z-index’ , 1 ).stop().fadeOut( this.options.speed / 2, function() {`

So the whole slide fades out, not just the title

joepk
    Participant

YES!! Awesome haha, it worked :D I knew it was a simple fix haha. Thanks allot!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.