Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Sizing the “Start/Stop Slider”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    umagrama

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone could help me with the Start and Stop Slider. I am new CSS and java scripting and I can’t figure it out how to make my Start/Stop Slider work properly when I expand it.

The code for the slider is here:
    https://css-tricks.com/startstop-slider/

-Major issue: I made my slider into 960×600 pixels and I can’t position my images in the right location that I want them. I have been playing with numbers for “.slide img” position parameters in the style.css, but I can only get the FIRST picture to be places in the right position, the rest is set all the way up on top. I am guessing I need to refresh something in the jQuery file provided — can anyone help me with that?

– Minor issues:
    1) when I use big pictures in the slider, the user can see the bottom of the pictures sliding in and out of the page. Is there a way to make them “disappear” higher up so user can’t see the pictures coming and going?

2) Why should the “Learn More” button in the slider disappear when I simply added my pictures in place of the pictures that this lovely widget came in? Even when I use the same dimensions of the pictures.

Any help is really appreciate! I don’t know what else to do–i’ve spent all day on these issues and am not getting anywhere with them.

aloha!

uma

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.