Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Site wont scroll, overflow code question (for WordPress)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi, I’m working on a site for a school, and I just realized I cant get the site to scroll down when there is too much content. I tried using the overflow: scroll (and tested the auto as well), but when I put it in it doesnt seem to work. Any ideas? I think it might have something to do with the fixed positioning, but it was the only way i could get things to work together, the school had a very specific design they wanted.

http://calculatedscene.com/lhs1/?page_id=16

I’d REALLY appreciate any help!

ikthius

it would be more helpful to have your code as well as the live site, I can’t be bothered doing an investigation just to find the correct style sheets for all of your id and classes.

even firebug can’t find it all

i sincerely apologize for not including the following code in my original post. i do appreciate your responses. i’ve put a link to the stylesheet here:

http://www.calculatedscene.com/lhsstylesheet.css

"cybershot" wrote:
    I am assuming you assigned a length property to the content area? have you tried taking that out?

i dont have a height in the content area, but i did test it and put a large number in (like 2500px) to see what it would do, and there was no change, so I’m guessing it’s being ignored because something at a higher level is set to take over.

@apostrophe

thank you SO much for your help. i used fixed positioning because i thought it was the best/easiest way to handle their demands on the site, but i realized that was very wrong. i removed all fixed positioning from the site, and that totally fixed the scrolling issue. i now only have one small issue with the navigation but im sure that will be an easy fix.

thank you again very much!

thank you, im reading it now.

best, j

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.