Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other site redesign critique & suggestions please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jurotek
    Participant

I did a major redesign of our company website and have it live since last Saturday.
    http://www.thecableconnection.com
    I wished to go “Liquid” really bad, but due to large amount of tabular data which require considerable
    width I gave up and went with Fixed Width :(
    Any suggestions please, how that tabular data could be handled in liquid design?
    Looking forward to all the opinions and suggestions.
    Thank you!

theacefes

First, you’re using the HTML5 doctype but not taking advantage of any of its features. Ditch the id=”header, footer, article”, etc and use the newer, semantic tags like

, etc.

jurotek
    Participant

@theacefes
    dont’ have much experience with HTML5 elements
    we still have a lot of traffic to our website with IE6 &7 and have no clue how it would behave

thanx for suggestion tho

chrisburton
    Participant

@theacefes You can still use the doctype without using the HTML5 elements. I do the same thing.

theacefes

@ChristopherBurton Yes, but that wasn’t my point. Obviously his site still renders and works. My suggestion (though now that I look back it may have come off a bit ultimatum-like) was made in an effort to help him clean up his markup a bit.

chrisburton
    Participant

@theacefes I see. The way I read it made it seem that you were stating there was no reason to use the HTML5 doctype without the new elements. The divs used in @krysak4ever’s post look okay to me.

theacefes

Nah, I’m just saying that he has the opportunity to take advantage of some of the nifty features it has.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.