Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Site not displaying properly in Internet Explorer IE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    CallCatchers

My website http://www.call-catchers.co.uk displays correctly in Firefox and Chrome, but not on IE. I have absolutely no idea how to fix this, so would really appreciate some help if anyone knows what to do please?

Paulie_D

When you say it doesn’t display correctly in IE…you’ll have to be more specific.

IE does not natively support a vast number of CSS3 properties that FF & Chrome currently can….and it doesn’t have to. Although it would be nice if everything displayed the same in every browser it’s simply not currently possible.

The fundamental question is, can the user reasonably use the IE site to gather all of the information they need? The fact that a box might not have rounded corners or a box-shadow isn’t a deal breaker.

CallCatchers

Thanks for replying Paulie. I wish it was just rounded corners and shadows…I’m afraid not..my banner headers, h1 and menu banner have all got duplicated text incorrectly aligned on them, so ‘Thinking about a telephone answering service’ H1 is illegible as there’s 2 lots of text, which is the same issue throughout. I’m using IE8 and not sure what other versions it’s incorrect on.

Thanks

CallCatchers

Thanks Senff…but i have no idea what that even means I have to do! Lol It looks like the site works fine in IE9, but not in IE8 or previous versions.

CallCatchers

Thanks Senff. I did the site myself, starting with a template, but this has gone beyond me so I’ve asked someone to have a look for me. Thanks again for your help :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.