- This topic is empty.
December 11, 2009 at 7:48 pm #27169nosecreekMember
This is a mock up for a new version of my website. Any feedback is appreciated!December 11, 2009 at 11:52 pm #68032AshtonSandersParticipant
It’s a simple design. It’s not terribly exciting, but it works.
The images might be too big. You can only see the first two "above the fold." You have to scroll down to see the other images. (I’m not saying that’s wrong, but it’s worth mentioning.)
Another note: You can make the (c) icon in HTML with:Code:©December 15, 2009 at 8:25 am #68173greg.mcauslandMember
a bit of stylistic feedback,
1) the drop shadows, too heavy and potentially too large.
2) the spacing suffers in each grouped element. for example each post, the header, the menu. I feel the elements aren’t really given the space to breath. I’d introduce a bit more spacing in each group for healthy readability.
3) I think there would be more continuity perhaps if the upper bar was thin like the footer bar, I think it’s clashing with the shape of the oval logo. Also in that chain of thought, I reckon a perfect circle will serve you better than an oval.
4) Not crazy about the font, it’s less obvious in headers, but in the paragraphs and menus it’s not doing my eyes any good.
These are obviously just my stylistic opinions of the site, essentially there’s not much I can say is simply wrong. You are making some choices however that is making it appear very dated. Styles that you will see in web design during the 90’s and early 2000’s.
I think a few tweaks, making your shadows more subtle, giving appropriate spacing inside the grouped elements and taking a look at your fonts will easily bring this design +10 years.
all the bestDecember 15, 2009 at 6:31 pm #68199nosecreekMember
Thanks for the tips. Greg, I’m looking at implementing a few of your suggestions, but I’m not really sure what to do about fonts. Is there anything you would recommend?
Edit: I have update the picture to my most recent version. Any thoughts on further changes to be made? How are the fonts? Is the bokeh background to much or is it a good contrast to the main page?
Site Preview (.png)
- The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.