Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Site For School Organization

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gvestudios

I whipped up this site for an organization at my school and wanted to see what others thought….I have mixed feelings about the site myself :!: …the link is below.

LINK

bere03
    Participant

Hi there,
    graphics look nice. Here are some suggestions

– move up the events list and put a smaller picture of the events banner on the bottom.
    – don’t have the music auto play, or set it at a lower volume (think of the students that might want to check out your site at the library or during class)
    -move the music option down or minimize the player, the events should be more important than the music :roll:
    – is there going to be more info on the bottom of the picture slide gallery on the main page?
    – remove the word bubble rollover on the herstory submenu, its hard to select the choices with the image on the way, the bubbles do work better on the main navigation buttons

I like your video section :)

matt1985

Every great business idea takes wings with the launch of a professionally designed website.
    Excellent design.

dcp3450
    Participant

The bottom text on the header, "scholarhip, sisterly love,…" looks like a menu. confused me at first.

in my browser the links box goes behind the music player (i’m using the newest version of chrome). I only see all the links after I scroll all the way to the top.

I agree music should not auto start.

In media have the subject bar expand all the way.

Also the blue text blends in to the subject headers. People could have issues reading the text. Use a lighter text color and make the font bigger.

Consider breaking the history page up. It’s very long. Something that long won’t get read. I know the submenu links to anchors but separating out the pages will ensure a user will stay longer and not get overwhelmed by a long page of text.

I can make the link menu item stick in chrome and firefox. Not sure about IE. Select "LInks" scroll up and down with the links box open, close the link box with the "X", notice the home and the links menu item are both highlighted.

The slider on the main page is not noticable. I pulled a "what are those?" after being on the page for over 10 min. I just happened to notice the instructions below the slider. If you have instruct the user how to use your site or an element (when it’s not a game) re-evaluate the element.

Not trying to be picky or a pain. I’ve done Quality Assurance for a few years and tend to find alot of things.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.