Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Site Feedback – My Portfolio Site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ctate76

Hey guys,

I would be forever grateful for some feedback on my new portfolio site

http://www.christiantate.net

I borrowed Chris’ vertical scrolling script for the navigation which works great in IE6+ and later versions of FF but won’t work at all in Safari. Any help on that would be an extra bonus.

Regardless, take a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance…

craigfarrall

Hi,

Not a bad looking website, well done. Here are a few hopefully helpful pointers:

– The main header image of each section (with text in) whats wrong with having this as text? it certainly would be good for SEO purposes, using something like Cufon would work nicely I think.
    – Again is there any need for all the title as images? Cufon could be used again here, or another alternative.
    – I like the way the text looks, the line height is done nicely.
    – Maybe add a rollover color to links?
    – Do somethings not work yet? such as the view website, and next button doesn’t work in the webdesign section, it does in the print section.
    – The images shown off in webdesign and print section, I think they should maybe be enlarged once clicked?
    – Lastly, the labels on the contact form are set to white, so they aren’t visible, so I couldn’t see which field was for what.

Hope this helps, but overall you have a very nice website.

ctate76

Craig, thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate the tips.

Can you tell me what browser you viewed it in? I tested pretty extensively in IE6+ and FF and things seemed to work out pretty well so knowing which browser you saw the problems in would be a huge help.

As for the headers and labels as images, I have tried things like Cufon and have had trouble getting them to work. Do you know of any good tutorials?

Thanks again, you’ve been very helpful.

craigfarrall

Hi,

No problem at all.

I am using Firefox 3.5.3, so have a look in that and you will see the problems. I have only checked in this browser, but I would recommend looking in all browsers aswell, incase there are any other problems.

I have used cufon many times, its easier than it looks to be honest, I follow this amazing screencast over here at: http://net.tutsplus.com/videos/screenca … -you-wish/

Hope this helps

ctate76

Craig,

I managed to get the Cufon working with your suggestion and it works great. Thanks again for all the help, it’s much appreciated.

I might post my updated site once I fix the issues.

craigfarrall

No problem, glad I could help.

Yeah, please post the updated version so I can take a look at it.

ctate76

So here is the latest version of my site:

http://www.christiantate.net

I’ve changed the functionality a little and there are a few tweaks and fine-tunings I want to take care of but I think this look and feel are what I’m going to stick with.

Still want to take your suggestion and maybe add a lightbox effect to the thumbnails of the screenshots but I’ve had trouble before with 2 scripts on one page (in this case, Cufon and Lightbox if I were to do it) so I’ll have to look around for that.

If you see anything that could use changing, let me know.

Thanks!

jesso

Very nice site. I just noticed that your front page copy is slightly wrong. It says "contact me using the form below", but the form is not below–it’s on a different page.

Sometimes it’s the little things, esp. w/ a portfolio site! ;-)

ctate76

Jesso,

Thanks for the feedback. Now that you say it, I agree with what you’re saying about the contact form. Going to make the change.

Thanks again

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.