Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Site Feedback – Good or Bad Welcome

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    nutt318

Well this is one of my first PhotoShop to WordPress designs and wanted to get some feedback, good or bad is welcome. I just want to get some ideas on what can be changed or improved. The customer wants a very clean and easy site to navigate and so far they like it. I am still waiting on some higher quality logos from them. I’m also thinking I should use text as the company name instead of a .png for SEO optimization. Other than that I’m having trouble with a nice clean table layout and styling it. Anyone have suggestions on styling tables?

Anyways, let me know what you think.

http://www.nuperceptives.com/blog

Thanks,
    Jake

arjunvasudeva
    Participant

Hi,

Regarding the header, i think the logo would look alright by itself, there is no need for the other Safelink Security text image.

The hover color on the menu is white, change it to something more visible.

Regarding tables, i just don’t use them, ever. I prefer divs. :D

Also regarding the menu, is it supposed to go along the blue bar? As i think it would look FAR better if it did.

Except those it’s a great website, i really like how you have decided to lay it out.

arjunvasudeva

p.s if you want to be more seo optimised use alt codes on images.

p.p.s ;)

nutt318

Thanks for the feedback arjunvasudeva. So if I got rid of the text logo part in the middle header I think it may have too much blank space. Is there something else I should put in its place or just center the logo?

As for the hover text menu I do agree with you and think I should change it to maybe a red or black, something to stand out more.

When you said if the menu is supposed to be along the blue bar, I’m not sure if I get what your saying. Maybe its showing up different for you in your browser. Here is what its supposed to look like.

http://www.nuperceptives.com/blog/wp-co … s/ss1.tiff

I may just have to try out creating some divs or something to replace the table, good idea.

Again, thanks for the comments.
    -Jake

arjunvasudeva
    Participant

With the logo replacement.. you can put maybe an advertisement or a slogan, you could change the logo, or you could make a little slideshow or mini content slider up there, but still, the logo will look fine.

With the menu, it was just a browser lag, don’t worry, it looks fine.

To be very, very picky, the "go" button is green, try to stay true to your color scheme, and change the button to a blue or a red.

Also you are intending to get rid of:

"Test Site is proudly powered by WordPress 2.9.1 | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS)"

…aren’t you?

If you would like me to make that top content slider, just ask :D

Your welcome

arjunvasudeva

nutt318

Again, thanks for the help arjunvasudeva. I think I will do something different with the logo and move it over, hopefully they have some saying/slogan they want there.

Nice catch on the content slide GO button being green, i will change that to blue to match. And yes, I will get getting rid of the default footer text.

If I do run into issues with the header I’ll let you know, thanks for offering.

Also, if anyone else has feedback I would love to hear it.

Thanks,
    Jake

nutt318

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. :)

skip88

Sorry but I really don’t like the design from an aesthetic point of view. Have a look around, search for web designs on Google and at the company’s competitors. I don’t think your design has a contemporary look. Or a historic look.

I’d also keep the Georgia fontface from their current website. Better than Arial.

Then I also think there’s a bit too much text to read. I would honestly try and halve it. And put the rest on relevant pages.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.