Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Site Feedback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Noel Forte
    Participant

I’m redesigning my Blog/Portfolio site and before I move further, I’d like to get some feedback on the layout of the site overall. Current build is at staging.noelforte.com

Critique on the site overall is welcome, but I’m looking to get feedback specifically on the site footer (present on all pages except for home. The issue I’m considering is whether having the footer contained on the right side is a good move, or whether it makes it feel kinda <iframe>-y having all the content and the footer very separate from the nav.

For this reason, I’m wondering if a horizontal nav bar might work better for what I’m trying to accomplish.

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

Noel Forte
    Participant

Thanks for your feedback! I’ll take that all into consideration. I thought for this iteration I might try the vertical columns layout instead of the horizontal bars. If you think bars is a better way to go, that would be helpful in helping me find a good direction forward, as it would prevent potentially rethinking and rewriting a lot of the layout in the future.

If I did go the horizontal bars route, that would resolve my qualms with the footer that I mentioned in the original post.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.