Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Site Critique – WordPress Theme

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tannercampbell
    Participant

I meditate two hours a day – as a web designer I find it necessary … otherwise I yell at clients ;) This is a new WordPress theme for my blog about meditation and enlightenment.

http://seekinginnerpeace.com

It’s a WordPress theme. I’ve gotten better at them, and I’d like to know what you all think of this one. @TheDoc and @WolfCry911 as always, your opinions are valued.

I do have a few things I don’t like about it … rather, things I’m struggling to figure out.

• 1. If you look at the comments from the newest entry, I’m happy with 90% of it … but I’d like that “leave a comment” box to be fuller width (900px about) … but I don’t know how to address it.
  • 2. If you notice at the very bottom of the page, the wp nav links for newer and older entries … on the front page it’s sort of silly looking, but if you navigate to older entries and look at it again, you’ll see what I’m going for. I’d really like for that separator to be present regardless of whether there are newer or older entries … get what I’m saying?
  • NOTE: Simplicity is a variable here, so there aren’t a lot of bells and whistles. Zen-like simplicity is what I’m going for.

Anyway, please let me know what you think!!!

TheDoc

When viewing the home page, the ’11 comments’ (from the first article) should be linked to the comments section of the post. I instinctively went to click it but found no link!

To style the comment submission form, just have a look at what WordPress is using for classes and ids and then target those in your CSS file.

As for the separator, you could just use that image as a background on your #footer and then have no separator at all. Just a thought!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.