Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS site critique / tough love

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    instantMash

Ok. I’m wearing my heavy sweater. I would appreciate any feedback on my personal portolio site:

gregdavenportdesign.com

Thanks for taking the time to look it over.

– Greg

Andy Howells
    Participant

Design is clean, nice and approachable.

What I would recommend is to have a clear, distinct call to action and make it about your customers rather than about you.

Sure they want to know if you can do what you say and see some previous work, but the copy should be geared towards your target customer.

For example, “If you’re a [TARGET MARKET HERE], I can help you reach your customers” and so forth.

Your existing copy is a bit passive, as in, not asking them to do anything, just kind of “if you feel like it get in touch” – be a bit more forceful, “If you get in touch I will blow your mind” etc

With regard to a call to action make sure it’s a chunky ass button! Something they can’t miss. You have a prime opportunity to convert that potential customer when they’re on your site, make sure they contact you!

instantMash

Thanks for the feedback. That is a good point. I am reworking some of the copy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.