Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Site critique

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    JosiahB

I have redone the color scheme since last time and want to know what you think! :)

[Updated site … ](http://childrensgospelcursade.site90.com/ “”)

awagner87
    Participant

I like it, but aesthetically(I haven’t checked out the code yet), I think you need to make your type size smaller. It would look a little more sophisticated, just generally nicer looking if you decreased the type size and maybe added some space between the letters of each word. Mostly just the top nav and the entry #s and read more. Colors are very pleasing together. Nice job!

chrisburton
    Participant

No idea what happened in the green section but the yellow doesn’t look too bad besides the body copy being a bit too wide. I would also set the images at the same width (and height if possible). I’m still not a fan of the display typeface so I would choose an alternative. I might come back and comment more on the updates tomorrow.

GAtkins

I would add some Chrome to the submenu dropdowns and I agree with Chris re the display typeface.

Glenn

kgscott284
    Participant

I think personally you should also rethink the colors of the scroll bar, perhaps using the red or yellow so the brown and green dont clash with the header and background…

also, to add a little extra you could change the selection color to match your color scheme like this:

::selection {
    background: #8C4432;
    }
    ::-moz-selection {
    background: #8C4432;
    }
    JosiahB

@ChristopherBurton not sure what you are referring to about the green section … but do you not like the logo font, period or just in combination with the other font that I have …. either way, is there any font you that you think would look better? Also what is body copy? …

Thanks!

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

The bottom scrollbar is fatter than the side, was this on purpose. Also, in the very bottom right corner of the screen, where the ::-webkit-scrollbar-corner is, there is nothing there, also was this on purpose?

Viewing on latest Chrome on Windows 7

chrisburton
    Participant

@JosiahB Body copy is the main text (your paragraph content). Correct, I don’t like the display face or the heading typeface (including the text-shadow). Here is something I did really quickly. http://cloud.chrisburton.me/KN7Z

JosiahB

@ChistopherBurton ok … I tried a different font … not sure if you will like it or not … but let me know what you think! …. http://imageshack.us/a/img836/9856/snipt.jpg

@_John_ yeah the bottom scrollbar is fatter because I am not sure how to change that … do you know the right syntax for that?

Thanks so much guys!

chrisburton
    Participant

No, I was speaking of the width of the content not the glyphs. I think the typeface you had before for the body copy looked fine. It’s the header font (About Us) that wasn’t appealing and the “Bill & Karen” typeface as well.

JosiahB

ohhhh ok … I will work on that … Thanks!

chrisburton
    Participant

Oh and I think the Ellipsis (…) for each header is unnecessary

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@JosiahB,

:horizontal – The horizontal pseudo-class applies to any scrollbar pieces that have a horizontal orientation.

:vertical – The vertical pseudo-class applies to any scrollbar pieces that have a vertical orientation.

Resource: https://css-tricks.com/custom-scrollbars-in-webkit/

Dred49

I don’t like the gray color on the background of the post. In design don’t try to use gray colors like this this is just my opinion. When you use gray color website becomes inexpressive.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.