Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Site content overflowing in the x axis

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    danielemanca83
    Participant

Hey folks,

I am posting in here with the hope some of you can help, as I am unable to detect the reason why the content of a site I am currently working on is overflowing and therefore creative scroll bar on the bottom of my smartphone screen (HTC One).

Sample link is http://hdl.fitzroviadigital.co.uk/investment-banking/ and the media query that covers this is @media screen and (min-width: 321px) and (max-width: 767px) { }

If anyone could spot the error I would appreciate it,

Thanks a lot.

Atelierbram
    Participant

Maybe try to change

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width; initial-scale=1.0">

to

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">  

note the semicolon after width=device-width should be a comma

danielemanca83
    Participant

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, however I just tried it and doesn’t seem to work either…

Dani

Atelierbram
    Participant

Can only try this in chrome devtools emulator myself, and seems better now, … have you refreshed your browser’s cache on the phone?
    Have you tried temporarily removing the banner image (which has a set inline width of 800px)?

Paulie_D

Have you tried temporarily removing the banner image (which has a set inline width of 800px?

This definitely. Although you’d need to make the image responsive too….probably.

danielemanca83
    Participant

Hey folks thanks for the help,

In the end it had to be something very silly, which was: the logo image’s width was set to wider than the device’s width, hence the scrolling,

Thanks anyway.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.