Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Single page websites

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

How would I achieve an effect very similar to [This.](http://www.socketstudios.com/#work0 “”)
    Can someone outline a step-by-step of how it’s done and maybe link me to some external resources please!

Thanks

sharikul
    Participant

Is it possible for you to provide a screenshot of the website that you’re linking to? I’m on my smartphone and I’m having trouble viewing it properly. :)

chrisburton
    Participant

That’s probably not a good thing ^^^

Senff
    Participant

A full step-by-step guide would be a little much, also not knowing what you already know. Step 1 would probably be to look into jQuery.

sharikul
    Participant

Looking at the site, my best guess would be through using JavaScript extensively. The website that you linked to uses jQuery to detect mouse events and similar things to display content. But **why** would you want to have a site like that? To confuse your users? Keep it simple – let viewers see what they came for. Don’t make them have to go the extra mile of looking for ways they could navigate around the site.

rpotterjr
    Participant

BAD IDEA!!! Do not use this for ANYTHING! I have to agree with many others on this one. If you want to be able to achieve this for whatever reason, you need to know jquery, ajax, html, and css. I ordered it by weight of what is on the page. However, this website does not conform to any real accessibility and usability practices that I know of on this planet. May be useful on mars in a about 100 years… lol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.