Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Single-Page Site, SEO & Blog

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    defeater905
    Participant

Hi All, Web design noob here so bare with me. :)

I had the task of creating a webpage for my place of employment. I ended up making a really nice looking, single-page site (from html template) and once I had it all done, online and received lots of praise from our customers & friends….a darned tweet caught my attention. -“Why single-page websites are bad for SEO”. A comment on the article mentioned how a blog can save your SEO for a single-page website. Which is why I’m here now.

Is that the case? A blog can help my SEO for my site? Would it not just be another link on my page like Twitter or fb? I didn’t think those helped too much with SEO?

The way I interpreted the “add a blog to your site” comment was that it would be http://www.mycompanyname.com/myblog. Which I could see would then help with SEO far more than just having a link to tumblr or something.

Do you guys have any tips for me? Do I try to incorporate a blog into my site? Which is not wordpress or any other CMS btw. Or do I split up my single page site into a couple pages. Maybe making my services and portfolio section it’s own page?

Any input would really help. I know all of you are some savvy muthers.

Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.