Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Simple question (newbie here): How do I nudge the lists a bit to the right?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am attempting to set up this site here via wordpress, and I’m quite a beginner with CSS, and so it’s a bit of a crawl for me. I’d appreciate any help from you masters ^_^

So here’s a screenshot of the layout: http://screencast.com/t/ntDT5R23A

I was hoping to move that featured list a bit to the right cos it’s overlapping the image border. How should I do that?

Some thoughts and questions
    – the image there is floated to the left
    – at #featured li {margin-left: say 50px;} isn’t working.. Why?

djrolstad
    Participant

post it in codepen.io with your html and css

cssgirl
    Participant

More than likely you will need to add a left margin to either the main ul or it’s child li’s. Can’t give you an exact number, or even help you target the ul by class/id since I’d need to see your actual code. Any chance of getting a live/dev url of the site so we can check it out?

wolfcry911
    Participant

the left margin isn’t working because it would need to be larger than the image is wide. The margin is working from the left edge – not the float. You could do a number of things here, but I think the easiest would be to place a right margin on the floating image.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.