Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] simple table CSS question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    markb
    Participant

I have a css table that I used a on line generator to make. It looks pretty nice and I like it. I have 3 tables on one page but only the top table has the header row bold and a darker color. Can anyone tell me how to get the header row on the other two tables to look like the first one? I put it on codepen so you can see it.

http://codepen.io/MarkB/pen/BypYqJ

Thanks for any insight.
    Mark

Paulie_D

Why CSS tables? This looks like a prime spot to use actual tables.

markb
    Participant

Hi Paulie_D,
    I’m a total novice so for me this was an easy way to have every table on my website look the same without having to figure out a lot of html. I thought it had some cool effects that you couldn’t make with html. Although I have since learned the MSIE doesn’t show the effects.
    Make sense?

Mark

Paulie_D

Sorry, I hadn’t looked at the code. You’re actually using proper HTML tables, not CSS tables which are a whole other thing.

markb
    Participant

Paulie_D

Ok I thought my problem was within the css file. Like I said I’m a novice. I just want all three header rows to look the same as the first one and I tried changing the html to every example I could find and nothing worked so I assumed it had to be the css file. Any suggestions?

Mark

Senff
    Participant

All three tables look the same to me. Headers are all the same with bold text.

What browser/OS are you using?

However, you may want to use proper table formatting, using <thead> and <th> tags, something like this:

<table class="productinfo" border="0">
      <thead>
        <tr>
            <th>Model</th>
            <th>Max. Watts</th>
            <th>Watts @ Max. Head**</th>
            <th>Watts @ Max. Flow**</th>
        </tr>
      </thead>
      <tbody>
        <tr>
            <td>A2-1/8-39</td>
            <td>202</td>

etc. etc.

markb
    Participant

Hi Senff,

I figured out what I was doing wrong and fixed it. Thank you for looking anyway.

Mark

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.