Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS sIFR Whitespace Issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    matius

Hey everyone, I’ve got an issue with sIFR & can’t seem to get any answers – even on their official.

I have two float div blocks that contain a series of <p>… it’s a list of phrases – I tried using an ordered list but wasn’t able to figure out how to remove the bullets. What is sIFR actually doing because view source looks right?

Anyway, what’s happening is the first item in the list aligns correctly in the div, but the others has a space inserted at the beginning of the line. In sifr.js there is a line dealing with WHITESPACE = " ", when I change the line to WHITESPACE = "" … the alignment issue is fixed but it also removes the space between words which is obviously not gonna work.

Can anyone offer some advice? Appreciate it…

noahgelman
    Participant

Dealing with whitespace with sIFR is a pretty specific problem. I can’t tell you the answer, but I can tell you how to get rid of those bullets when you use an unordered list. You said you tried an ordered list ( <ol>). Try an unordered list ( <ul> ). Then apply list-style:none; to it. That will get rid of all the bullets. Does that help?

matius

Well I appreciate the help, unfortunately the ul didn’t work either when I tried…

You’d be amazed at how close it is – it’s like throw your computer out the window frustrating ;)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.