Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Sidescrolling Parallax Effect

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ampitere
    Participant

Hey everyone, so I’m super interested in how I would go about learning how to create a side-scrolling parallax effect like the one here: http://yessbmx.com/

If anyone has any information, tutorials, help, etc. please don’t hesitate to let me know! Thanks.

Ampitere
    Participant

Anyone out there with a clue on this? Seems like it’s pretty popular but no one is on the in about how it’s done (or at least done well).

seanroberts

I do not know much about implementing this affect but I would research jQuery Page Side Transition. This might get you started on your research. But I am sure someone will be along soon to better help.

Ampitere
    Participant

@seanroberts I’ve been trying to find some decent tutorials and such but all I’ve come up with really is people making the multiple background effect, which is alright but it’s only half of what I need.

Thanks for the reply.

Mottie

You can do something similar with AnythingSlider and the FX extension… but I’d have to tweak the FX extension so it starts the animation before the slide completes sliding. I’ll look into making the changes needed in the FX extension and make a demo :P

Ampitere
    Participant

Sounds good, would love to see it. I wish someone would make a simplified version that a community could build off of. But, it’ll probably be a while before those who know how to do it will actually give in.

Mottie

A simplified version of what?

There is a plugin called jParallax and another slider that includes a parallax background that I know of.

Ampitere
    Participant

The website parallax effect, I’ve thought about converting that slider into a larger scale but I have yet to get around to it.

Still a bit rusty in jQuery, so it’ll be a while before I’d be able to manage completely. I suppose practice makes perfect though.

Oh on a side note, I haven’t really seen a drag version of the parallax effect similar to that which Yessbmx’s website has. Not really sure how they accomplished that effect. All that I have generally found or seen is one that follows the pointer, not really anything with the drag capabilities.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.