Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Sidebar to the left, content on the right

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tragicdog

Hey guys. Question: I am following along on screencast 71-73, (creating a photoshop mockup, taking it to CSS and HTML, converting to a wordpress theme). Anyways I made my own mockup and it has the sidebar on the left instead of the right. I am having trouble getting the content area to display directly right of the the navigation bar.

My CSS file:

Code:
    /*
    Personal Blog
    by Jonathon Lillie
    http://jonlillie.com
    */

* {margin: 0; padding: 0; }

body {font: 14px Helvetica; background: black url(../images/bg.jpg) fixed no-repeat right;}
    a {text-decoration: none;}
    a img { border: 0;}

#page-wrap {width: 920px; margin: 109px 0px 0px 55px; }

#main-content {background: rgba(46,45,48,0.75); padding: 20px; width: 632px; -moz-border-radius: 20px; -webkit-border-radius: 20px; border-radius: 20px; color:white;}

#sidebar {float: left; padding:20px; width:268px;}
    #main-nav {list-style: none;}
    #main-nav li {font: 24px Helvetica;}
    #main-nav li a {color: white;}
    #main-nav li a:hover {color:red;}

so far I am able to get this with that code:[img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/9206/screenshot20100405at811.png[/img]

Any idea where I’m screwing up?

ps. due to what is also in the sidebar, I need the content area to start 369px from the left edge.

TheDoc

Float your content to the right and give it a width.

diablero13

Try this

Code:
    #main-content {margin-left:268px}
    tragicdog

Thanks guys, that last bit of CSS worked… can’t wait for this redesign to be done. :D

tragicdog

Well I took my theme live tonight. If any of you are subscribed to this thread feel free to check it out.

jonlillie.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.