Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript show/hide

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Allie_P
    Participant

Which brings me to the main question – if it’s only about those three items on the page then there’s a lot of abundant code. You could rip most of it out but it’s quite tedious.

I know there’s still a lot to clean up, but I’ll deal with that later.

This stuff:

iOS='0'
    COUNTRY='NETHERLANDS'

Even though I’d like to understand it better, is definitely not a big deal.

Important now would be to add the “Previous” link and allow for several more mobile feeds.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Shikkediel
    Participant

A previous button’s no big thing but rewriting for several feeds is a huge task. It would likely be easier to start from scratch for that. Which would probably not be a bad idea anyway.

Allie_P
    Participant

That’s too big a task for me.
    I have absolutely no clue on how to do it. :(

Shikkediel
    Participant

It’s just too interwoven to reduce in less than a day’s work if there should be multiple feeds. But which of these features should really be kept?

• draggability
    • random placement
    • parallax effect
    • shadow animation

Creating a small menu to show/hide plus the clock and feeds alone shouldn’t be too much effort.

Allie_P
    Participant

I’d like to keep all of them plus the flashing effect when you close one of the divs.

function flash_widgetleft

Everything, really… that’s why I didn’t follow Beverleyh’s suggestion.

I thought it would be counterproductive to start over when I already had all of those features in place. I just wouldn’t know how to implement most of them. :(

Allie_P
    Participant

Shikkediel, are you working on it or planning on giving it a go anytime soon?

I’m just asking, please don’t take it the wrong way, I know it’s quite a bit of work and you’ve already been very helpful which I really appreciate. It’s just that’s it’s been a couple of days since your last message and I’m not sure what to do. If I should wait for something or…

I just don’t know how to move forward by myself.

Thanks again.

Shikkediel
    Participant

I never mind lending at hand if I can but adapting it for several feeds isn’t something I could do in a reasonable amount of time… it’s just too much code for that.

Allie_P
    Participant

I understand.
    Would you be up for it, if I paid you to do it? Freelancing…

Shikkediel
    Participant

I might but that isn’t something I could justify yet. Complicated in a way that’s beyond online explanation. I’m not the only one here with a decent grasp (:cough:) on JS coding though, possibly another member’s up for a gig.

Maybe I’ll start a topic on that. It’s not the first time recommending someone would be useful but I have no idea which of the regulars here are actually freelancing. Or of any other source where one could find a reliable and hireable coder.

Allie_P
    Participant

I’m not sure I understood what you meant by “I might but that isn’t something I could justify yet. Complicated in a way that’s beyond online explanation.”

Shikkediel
    Participant

It means I can’t be freelancing yet. :-(

Allie_P
    Participant

Got it.

What if I took Beverleyh’s suggestion and followed that template, building everything from scratch, would you be able to help me implementing some of the features you listed?

Draggability and random placement I can do on my own.
    I’d need help with the shadow animation, the flashing effect and the clock.
    Maybe the parallax effect too, but I might end up not using it. I’m not sure yet.

Would that be easier/less time consuming?
    Would you be able to help me with that?

Shikkediel
    Participant

Such small blocks of code are no problem. :-)

I have a non-overlapping random placement script ready if that comes in handy…

http://codepen.io/Shikkediel/pen/merReq

Allie_P
    Participant

Great!
    Thanks, I’ll look into it. ;)

Allie_P
    Participant

Any known issues with this one?
    I think I like it a little better than the other one.

http://codepen.io/Shikkediel/pen/dPOVJp

And between these two?
    Any reason to pick one over the other?

http://codepen.io/Shikkediel/pen/ZYbWzL

http://codepen.io/Shikkediel/pen/VLZKor

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 89 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.