Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Should I use this script or write my own

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hey guys,

I am developing this site for a client, he says that his contact form should be “expandable” and editable easily.
    After a bit searching I came across this script and understand how it works. But it’s relatively new. I contacted the developer, and he says that he would provide support and also encouraged me to contribute…
    What should I do..
    Thanks

__
    Participant

It looks promising. There are no email headers set in the `mail()` function; you’ll need to add them.

Have you tried it?

Yup looks promising….As I said the developer is looking for people who can contribute..
    The script is very simple. If you can help contact the developer…he is looking forward for contributions

anirudhvr
    Participant

@lazyprogrammer the issue for checkbox and radio buttons can be resolved if you give a name attribute in the HTML declaration..

@traq
    …I am looking forward for contributions…If you can contribute I will add you on Github..

Anirudh Varma
    I made FlexMailer

__
    Participant

@anirudhvr I’ll take a look, but I’m pretty busy with another project ATM. For now, I’d suggest (at a minimum) changing

mail(‘[email protected]’, ‘subjectir’ , $body);

…to something like

mail(‘[email protected]’, ‘subjectir’ , $body, “From: [email protected]”);

The `From` header is required, and not all servers add it automatically.

It would also be a good idea to add some error-handling checks. Things like

$this = $_POST;

…should always be

$this = empty( $_POST )? ”: $_POST;

which both avoids a warning from PHP, and allows you to provide a default value. Likewise,

mail( … );
    echo “success”;

should be structured like

if( mail( … ) ){ echo “success”; }
    else{ echo “failure”; }

You might consider adding a way for users to pass configuration options to your script without making them edit the script itself.

anirudhvr
    Participant

@tarq I also made this as a part time work…. I will work on it when I can and keep these options in mind

anirudhvr
    Participant

@tarq @lazyprogrammer Added the from header on the script

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.