Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Shoe Designer Web Application Javascript PHP no Flash.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    koramaiku

Hey guys,

I am about to engage in some work that would require me to develop a custom shoe designer, similar to [www.shoesofprey.com/3d](www.shoesofprey.com/3d “Shoes of Prey”).

I’m currently researching on some ways develop a way to generate the images of the shoes when the user change the style for example the color of the shoe’s heel or the shoe’s body. Due to the fact that we need to allow support on the Ipad and other similar devices, we cannot use flash for this application. I have also looked at a custom tshirt designer plugin just to get an idea on how this sort of thing works

Can any one correct me if I’m wrong in how this sort of functionality works?

1. The user for example picks a pink heel for their shoe, the change request is sent to the server
    2. The server then looks for an image layer that corresponds to the pink heel, then does the same thing for all other parts of the shoe.
    3. The server would then join the parts together to make the final shoe, then generates the image
    4. Steps 2-3 would be repeated until enough perpectives are developed to allow ‘3d rotation’ of the shoe

The generated images are downloaded for the user to view and javascript will mimic the ‘3d rotation’

If this is the case, and if the user is allowed to change any part of the shoe with a particular style, am I correct to assume that I would need to create about 50 -100 images per shoe, to account for the thousands of possibilities for one particular shoe that could possibly be made with the designer?

Or would there be a better way create this functionality? Any ideas or resources and clarifications to the above questions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance guys.

efrainmunozg
    Participant

Hi Koramaiku

Did you resolve this challenging problem ?

Efrain

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.