Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End share buttons and wordpress

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jmc
    Participant

I am in the process of establishing my first wordpress theme, and within the post loop, I would like to add some share buttons. I am not entirely certain if this can be achieved, but is there a way to, instead of putting in a static URL for the button (ex. facebook like button), put a line of php that dynamically places the URL of the post the buttons are nested in?

I was looking into the Share This plugin, but I’m unsure if this would be a viable solution for me.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

noahgelman
    Participant

Yes sir, most certainly is possible although I’m not sure if it’s compatible with the Share This link you shared. It looks like their code doesn’t have a spot for the URL. Their code grabs it for you.

However, if you do find a code where you type in the url it’s very easily done.

First you grab whatever the current URL is and create a variable:

and then you add it where a social media code needs it (the following example is a Facebook Comments code):

jmc
    Participant

the only question I have now is where exactly would I place the first line of code?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.