Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Setting up a local testing server (WAMP) with Sublime Text

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    tobeeornot

I am finally giving DW the boot and trying Sublime Text as recommended by loads of people here. However, I don’t know the steps to connect to WAMP and need some help establishing a local server with Sublime Text. Any help appreciated!

tobeeornot

Hey Karl – thanks for this. I will give it a whirl. I want to see if I have more luck than with DW.

tobeeornot

I am little confused – why run WAMP and XAMPP?

Also both are trying to run from the same socket so Xammp isn’t working.

tobeeornot

@karlpcrowley or @andy_unleash – ok, got xampp working (sorry about above – i switched off wamp) and placed the relevant files into the htdocs folder in xampp. Tried to open from ST2 but no dice. Am i missing a step?

tobeeornot

Also getting this error message when opening http://localhost/lesson-25/in my browser:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘PDOException’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘root’@’localhost’ (using password: YES)’ in C:xampphtdocslesson-25functions.php:5 Stack trace: #0 C:xampphtdocslesson-25functions.php(5): PDO->__construct(‘mysql:host=loca…’, ‘root’, ‘root’) #1 C:xampphtdocslesson-25index.php(4): connect() #2 {main} thrown in C:xampphtdocslesson-25functions.php on line 5

tobeeornot

Just for anyone who may experience the same problem, the issue for me was that I failed to set a password in the code (below) from the functions.php file that corresponds to the database that I set up in xampp:

function connect() {
    global $pdo;
    $pdo = new PDO("mysql:host=localhost;dbname=sakila", "root", "root");

I hate myself sometimes!

@andy_unleash There is a plugin available for Sublime Text 2 that allows you to upload (using Transmit) by simply pressing CMD+U: https://github.com/jeffturcotte/sublime_transmit_docksend

I highly recommend it; you just set it up using Transmit’s DockSend.

I have seen that too Karl, but I (like any typical designer) am scared of the command line, so I use the Github app for Mac.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.