Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Set active link text color

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dutch
    Participant

I’m having trouble setting text color on active links. I’ve put up a very simple example at my site. When you hover, the text turns to white and the background to orange, as specified in my css. But I want the active state to keep that same color scheme: White text on orange background. I thought I’d specified that, too, in my css, but it’s not keeping the text white.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Dutch

Beverleyh
    Participant

The .active class you’re using is applied to the li element, so to override the existing child a styling, you’ll need to use something like .active a {} for your selector – to target the anchor rather than the list item.

Note that a CodePen demo is preferred here so that we can more easily test our suggestions (you’ll attract more responses). The above isn’t tested – it’s just a guess. You may have to increase specificity by using #nav .active a instead.

dutch
    Participant

Thank you, Beverly; I’ll experiment with those solutions.

I loaded the example at my site because I couldn’t figure out how to set up a multi-page example on CodePen.

I appreciate your help,
    Dutch

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.