Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Separate logo banners for mobile & desktop

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ccm
    Participant

I would like to show a different banner for phones/tablets and desktop. banner-4 on desktop and banner-4-small on phone and tablet. My current code will show both banners on all devices at all times. on desktop, the normal banner is above the phone banner. On phone and tablet, it shows both banners but the normal one is stretched and the phone banner and content below it is pushed to the left.

The inspect element tab in chrome shows the css “display none” for the phone banner is crossed out. If I eliminate line 2 of the attached css the mobile banner is hidden from the desktop. Seems to be a simple mistake somewhere but I am not seeing it

here is a link to the partial code
    http://codepen.io/captchrism/pen/EyXaQK

Atelierbram
    Participant

Specificity issue: #logo img is too strong with the id: it overrides the ones in the media-queries. When you would change this to an attribute selector than it will work.

[div id="logo"] img {
      display: block;
      margin: 0 auto;
    }

ccm
    Participant

When I do that, it no longer displays the mobile banner on the desktop but it shifts the banner over to the left.

Atelierbram
    Participant

Oops, syntax error, should be:

[id="logo"] img {
      display: block;
      margin: 0 auto;
    }

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.