Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Select styling being ignored

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jshjohnson

Hello,

I am in the process of making one of my older websites responsive.

If you follow this link: http://www.leedsrag.org.uk/?theme=RAG2013 and reduce the browser width down to mobile size you will see the dropdown menu appear. Whatever CSS I apply to it seems to be ignored – in Webkit browsers at least.

On iOS it seems to have a green to white gradient background as well?

Any ideas?

Mottie

Hi jshjohnson!

It looks like it’s working for me (Chrome for Windows). The only styling I see applied is style.css line 1078 which only sets the font, font size and min-height and only when the screen width is < 480px. You mentioned “in Webkit browsers at least”… does that you are seeing the green to white gradient background in both Chrome and Safari? Or maybe you have an extension/addon that is interfering?

Merri
    Participant

Style.css line 1010:

#searchform {
    display: none;
    }

Mottie

Hmm, well I can change the font, size and height from the developer tools window. I set the font size to `40px` and ended up needing to add a `max-width:100%` to the select. But everything seems to work for me.

And yes, you’d think it would show up in the inspector =/

Merri
    Participant

@jshjohnson: ah sorry, I posted while eating and had a brain fart.

All I can give for now is that I can also confirm everything to work just fine on various browsers. I guess the only glitch I can see is how Firefox doesn’t allow line-height for the select element and thus Home text is always at top of the box.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.