Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Search Plugin for static HTML

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Zander
    Participant

Unfortunaltely I set up a site without a databse or something, but now I would like to have some kind of site search.

Does anyone know of such a thing and if this is possible?

I looked thru Algolias docs but didn’t find a clue if the software can search content that is not prepared for being found by their software.

I tried a thing called Tipue but that needs prepared content.

Anything else that Google Site Search?

Beverleyh
    Participant
    Zander
    Participant

Hey, thank you!

Still trying to get it to work. Not sure which configuration I need to do. It doesn’t find anything. I guess the directories but I can’t seem to be doing it right.

Beverleyh
    Participant

Looks like there’s an error on the $limit_extracts variable (it’s got 2 “_extracts” in the English config)

Also change the href link output at “Ausgabe des Links” to href=\"$my_server$dir/$file\"
    It’s currently set up to output a query string, which presumably is what’s needed for ‘Whisper’ but it wouldn’t be what you want for a stand-alone search.

Zander
    Participant

Thank you again! Unfortunately it doesn’t work well with my inline SVGs. I now went with DuckDuckGo site search. At least it is not google… ;) and works fine.

But I discovered their mail script, which I will try, cause I might need a new one.

And thank you for those german solutions. Its a lot easier to read those explanations in your mother tongue.

Zander
    Participant
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.