Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Search Engin Links

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    CameronDuthie
    Participant

I’ve been working on some SEO the past few days now and i can’t seem to figure this one out. I thought someone here might be able to help me.

When searching for a site on Google or any other search engine some sites return the usual meta data you’d expect but also you’ll find two columns of links underneath, so for example, if you search for, css-tricks it returns with the description and the two columns of links. The left one has, Video Screencasts, code snippets, downloads and Forum the right column varies depending on which search engine you are using.

Does anyone know how to achieve this in my site or can they point me to any articles online that might be able to help me?

Thank you,

Cameron

TheDoc

This is completely controlled by Google. The only thing you can do is turn it off if they start showing up.

CameronDuthie
    Participant

Hey TheDoc,

Thanks for your reply, so the search engines control this feature and decide what sites to include these on? Do you know why they show up for some sites and not others?

I don’t understand how or why you would want to turn it off? Does it not make the site look more reputable?

Thanks,

Cameron

TheDoc

Hey Cameron – sometimes it’ll create ‘sitelinks’ that you don’t actually want to appear.

You can read more about them here: http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=47334

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.