Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Seamless background with repeat-y?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Vondoom

Hi, I’ve got a blog estructured like this:

___

| A |

| B |

| C |

Where A and C contain static background images (header & footer) and B is a repeatable background. Problem is the union of the 3 sections was supposed to look like a seamless image, but as you may imagine it doesn’t work right now due to the bottom part of B occasionally being cut by C (depending on the length of the post, of course). Is there any way to make sure that every instance of the repeated background is always fully displayed?

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

min-height on B?

Vondoom

Would only work without repeats. I would need some kind of code that sets up a min-height equivalent to the full vertical size of the image and multipliers.

Vondoom

I may have explained myself incorrectly because that page suffers exactly from the same problem. If you take a look at it, the last b-repeat is cut in half, which is what I’ve been trying to avoid

This is the blog:

http://sgt08film.blogspot.com/

(As of now I’m using a kinda crappy background in the middle, not the one I want to use)

If your bg img for section B is something like 100px in height you might be able to set a min-height of 100px for B then use js to force section B to increase only by increments of 100 every time content starts to increase the height of the section, I wouldn’t be able to say for sure if this is possible though.

Vondoom

Does anybody know the js for something like that?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.