Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS SCSS to css

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Junni

hey every one i wan to know can we convert SCSS or SASS to css any method for it, or how can i use SCSS or SASS in my website in Style tag please help me soon

Junni

am using windows8 actually i have some codings and want to use them in my site so am not able to do that these codes are not running in my browser Chrome

chrisburton
    Participant

@Jamy_za Converted me over to Compass.app. Many programs for Windows regarding SCSS freezes computers. It’s a known issue in Scout and I had the same problem with Prepos. Compass.app is the only one that I haven’t had an issue with.

Junni

@FragaGeddon thanx man

CrocoDillon
    Participant

I’m using Compass.app as well (bought it like a day before @Subash came with Prepros) It’s easy to use but Prepros seems easy to use as well.

Subash

@chrisburton, What is the problem?

chrisburton
    Participant

@Subash it freezes my computer at times.

Subash

I never had the issue. Can you please give me more info so I can fix the issue.

Subash

I think that was because of the logging algorithm that Prepros used. You can download version 1.7.0 and let me know If it fixes the issue or not.

Kuzyo
    Participant

Have some problems about compiling scss to css through **compass watch**:
    there is little delay(not fatal), but inconvenient, Can it be somehow solved?

CrocoDillon
    Participant

How much is little? I’ve heard Sass is slow so I give it a second or two to compile.

Alen
    Participant

Sass on Windows is super simple.

Go to: http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads/ and download Ruby 2.0.0-p195. Install it. Then go to Start >> Ruby >> Start Command Prompt with Ruby. Then type `gem install sass`. You’re done.

Still in the command line, navigate to your Sass folder.

Then type: `sass –watch style.scss:style.css`

`style.scss` is the name of the Sass file, then `:`, then destination CSS file. You can also compile into different directory so: `sass –watch style.scss:../css/style.css`

Hope that helps,
    Alen

Kuzyo
    Participant

the same with me (2-3s), i started to think that problem in my PC

found this http://blog.55minutes.com/2013/01/lightning-fast-sass-reloading-in-rails-32/ did you try make this changes?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.