Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Scrollable fixed div, but hide scrollbars?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Steven
    Participant

Hi folks,

I have a full-screen modal window that opens when a user clicks a button that brings them to a contact form. To get the modal window to behave correctly, the modal div is position: fixed. It works great for the menu modal, but for the contact form modal it breaks down because the form is longer than the screen.

I found a nifty fix on StackOverflow that suggested adding overflow-y: auto to the main modal div and creating a new .inner class for an inner div.

That was a good solution to allow the user to scroll, but now there are two scrollbars. I feel like I’m asking for the moon, but is there a way to have overflow-y: auto without having a second scrollbar attached to that div?

Thanks in advance!

Beverleyh
    Participant
    Steven
    Participant

It looked promising, but didn’t fix it :(

All of these different examples I’ve found on StackOverflow don’t have the parent div set with position: fixed, I wonder if that’s my problem. Sad thing is that’s what makes my modal work!

I’ll have to ponder this longer.

Thanks for the link.

Shikkediel
    Participant

Not sure I get the exact circumstance but it kinda sounds possible with JS by creating your own scroll :

http://stackoverflow.com/a/33300969/3168107

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.