Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other scroll to top rethinked

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sorrentandrea
    Participant

Hi guys, I tried to rethink the scroll to top animation effect and would really like to know what you think about it. Thanks! =)
    https://github.com/sorrentix/scrollie.git

Senff
    Participant

You have a ready-to-use demo we can try without having to download/install it ourselves?

I’m intrigued, especially when you say “you don’t want to see that “matrix like” effect to go bak on top. This is my solution to the problem.” because personally, I don’t think there’s a problem with that Matrix-like effect. Maybe your solution will change my opinion. :)

Paulie_D

I’m also curious to see what the “non-matrix” effect looks like…not that I’m entirely sure what the “matrix-effect” looks like in the first place.

sorrentandrea
    Participant

You can find the demos here:
    demo default option
    demo custom option

=)

Senff
    Participant

Well, it’s a different solution, but personally I do like the (what you call) “matrix effect”.

Reason being, is that you see the page actually scrolling (fast). This makes the user aware that it’s really scrolling back to the top of the same page – the user knows what’s actually happening.

Although your solution is smoother, it can create confusion. It doesn’t show a scroll animation, so the user may think that he/she is taken to a different page, or that the contents of the page change. He/she is being taken to the top of the page, but that’s not immediately clear.

Maybe it’s personal preference though!

sorrentandrea
    Participant

@Senff thanks you confirmed my doubts. I understand your feeling because is reflects the same problem I faced during development. I’m developing a new version where you start to see scrolling and then fade to top. Hope that will solve the problem. By the way, I called it the “matrix effect” just to make it more entangling. =P
    Thanks for your time =)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.