Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Scripts not loading properly all the time

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Steven Gardner
    Participant

I’m having trouble with the way some browsers sometimes load my scripts. In Chrome and IE sometimes my scripts fail to load properly and my liteaccordion fails to load correctly.
    I have tried placing my scripts in several different places but all have no impact.
    Has anyone experience similar who can offer some advice.

Thanks
    Steven

[the site in question.](http://www.fifedirect.org.uk “FifeDirect”)

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

I never seem to have that issue. Your scripts seem to load fine. Are you using any php above the doctype because you have about 10 lines of empty space? Is it possible you may have just misspelled some file names before? I only mention that because you’re using Jquery rather then jquery as a dir name.

I don’t know man, the only thing i could suggest is just try loading your stylesheet/s before your scripts and possibly consider using a CDN rather then a local load (of course with a fallback).

Steven Gardner
    Participant

I think we have identified the problem. We include a third party app that includes an older version of jQuery after we include a newer one we need for our custom scripts. This app only gets used every so often so will only effect the loading of the page occasionaly.

We have looked at the noConflict() function in jQuery but are coming up against all sorts of problems.

Do we have to prefix our jquery with a variable of our choosing, then go through all our custom jQuery and plugins updating anywhere $ is referenced?

or is there a simpler solution to this???

Thanks
    Steven

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.