Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Screen resolution?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JasonVT
    Participant

Hi guys,

I’m quite new in making websites. I can read and write some CSS and HTML and a little bit of Javascript. But i have found some problems now with my website. If the screen resolution is low and if you wanna visit my site then it will cut off the right side of my site. Also if you visit it with a mobile device it will cut off and you cannot zoom out or scroll to the right/left side.

Now when i was busy checking and coding for the phone (i can check iPhone 5 only) i used this code
    meta name=”viewport” content=”width=device-width, maximum-scale=0, user-scalable=yes, max-zoom=5, min-zoom= 0.25 ” /

But it didn’t work. Now when i had some other problems i asked some people to view my website and fixed the issues but when someone was looking on my site with a low resolution it will cut off the right side of the website same as the mobile.

Now i think i need to make a css file with the resolutions in it and let the head and body shrink to another % but i have no idea where to begin and how to begin and what the % must be. Hope you guys can help me out i will appreciate it!

Tomasz Lisiecki
    Participant

To be fair it smells to me like you have an overflow:hidden on the container, which accommodates the screen size, however elements inside (those cut off ones) have fixed widths and are overlapping screen’s edge (hence are partially hidden).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.