- This topic is empty.
October 26, 2012 at 4:25 am #40466
Hi guys. I’m working on science portal. This is my biggest project ever and would like to ask you for feedback. Header and footer need more improvements, but what do you think about typography, space etc. Thank you very much for your help.
Here is thumbnail http://files.freshidea.sk/science.pngOctober 27, 2012 at 4:57 pm #112775emaildanoParticipant
For a text heavy site I think it’s very readable. Something I would look into is alternate fonts via typekit or other. Maybe a monospaced font that will fit the style of your grid feed. Give it a try.
Here’s a e few additional thoughts on the design:
1. Look into a script to eliminate widows. Back on the text heavy idea, it’ll help it in the long run.
Here’s a great article featured right here on the topic:
[Preventing Widows](https://css-tricks.com/preventing-widows-in-post-titles/ “”)
2. In the purple band of photos, would those be hover-able? if so add some sort of indicator that you can interact with them.
3. Is it fixed nav? If I was using this site I’d find it very helpful.
4. Love that nav bar.
5. Will it be mobile? If so, post the mockup! I’d love to check it out.
6. Have you thought about adding a search to the header? Above the nav. Maybe giving it a predictive function as-well.
Oh, and I’m loving that background too.October 28, 2012 at 10:15 am #112818
Hi. Thank you for your feedback.
Here is the latest version. I decided to use Arial font for text and Ubuntu font for all headers.
Yes, photos in the purple band are clickable. There would be nice hover animation.
No plans for mobile version yet.
So only few hours until deadline. What do you think now?October 28, 2012 at 10:23 am #112820wolfcry911Participant
beautiful! I wish I had half your talentOctober 28, 2012 at 1:15 pm #112827
Thank you :-)October 29, 2012 at 5:10 am #112860JoniGiuroParticipant
lovely! I like how there’s nothing too fancy but you can still tell it’s done by someone who knows how to design websites
- The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.